Royal Mail Industrial Action

Industrial Action will take place over the following dates: 24, 25, 30 November and 1 December 2022.

This strike action will cause delays. We will aim to send post as early as possible in advance of the strike dates, however, we do expect some delays. Where required, we will use other postal methods.


Are you seeking an independent review of your Local Authority's Council Tax Reduction (CTR) decision?

Please Note: The CTRRP cannot accept appeal requests for Council Tax Benefit, only Council Tax Reduction review applications.


The following process should be followed before applying to the CTRRP:

  • 1. Apply for Council Tax Reduction through your Local Authority.

    First and foremost, an application must be made directly with your Local Authority in order to initially assess your claim.

    Contact the relevant council for more information.
  • 2. If not satisfied with the decision, you may request that the Local Authority carry out an internal review.

    Every council should provide an internal review facility and will be able to supply you with information about their procedures.

  • 3. If you still believe the internal review decision is wrong, or if the Local Authority has not responded with a further decision within two months, you may then apply to the Council Tax Reduction Review Panel.